Imodium plus tablets are used to treat short-lived attacks of diarrhoea when it occurs with stomach cramps, bloating and wind. They contain two active ingredients:
- Loperamide hydrochloride, which helps reduce diarrhoea by slowing down an overactive bowel. This helps the body to absorb more more water and salts from the bowel.
- Simeticone, which breaks up the gas bubbles in the bowel that causes cramps and bloating.
Swallow the correct number of tablets whole with a drink of water.
Adults over 18 years:
- Take 2 tablets initially, followed if required, by 1 tablet after each loose bowel movement.
- Young adults aged 12 to 18 years: Take 1 tablet initially, followed if required, by 1 tablet after each loose bowel movement.
- Not more than 4 tablets should be taken per day, for a maximum of 2 days.
If your diarrhoea lasts for more than 48hours, consult your doctor.