PRIMAPORE by Smith & Nephew is a conformable adhesive dressing which includes breathable non-woven top layer & a low-adherent absorbent pad. In simple words, it is a non-woven adhesive wound dressing. PRIMAPORE adhesive wound dressings are specially designed to comfort and benefit both the patient and the user. PRIMAPORE dressing is very soft & conformable making it comfortable to wear whilst at the same time protecting the wound from further trauma. PRIMAPORE dressing also comes in other different types of sizes.
Conformable, Highly absorbent pad, Low adherent wound contact layer, Rounded corners, Easy to apply and Low allergy adhesive are the main features of this product. Moreover, Each dressing is individually wrapped and sterile. Sterilization is by ethylene oxide.
- Soft and Conformable : Primapore dressing is soft ensuring patient comfort at its best. The flexible non-woven layer will not restrict bodily movements when in place and helps to ensure conformability to all wound sites.
- Highly Absorbent Pad : It consists of a highly absorbent pad, increasing the passage of blood & exudate into dressing, decreasing the risk of fluid strikethrough.
- Low Adherent Wound Contact Layer : The pad has a low adherent wound contact layer which helps to minimise disruption or trauma to the underlying tissue on removal of the dressing, which helps to reduce the risk of pain on removal.
- Rounded Corners : Primapore dressing has rounded corners which may assist to reduce the risk of the dressing lifting or snagging, which may help to reduce the frequency of dressing change by maintaining an optimal dressing condition.
- Easy to Apply : The protector paper, which is slit across the width of the dressing, enables quick application without the risk of touching the absorbent pad or adhesive area with fingers or forceps. The easily opened packaging facilitates clean dressing technique.
- Low Allergy Adhesive : The low allergy acrylic adhesive is spread evenly onto the non-woven backing layer of the dressing, providing safe & secure fixation over the wound site.
Application and Removal
Peel away the backing papers to expose the non-adherent absorbent pad.
Holding the backing papers at each end of the dressing, carefully position the dressing over the designated area and remove the release papers.
Gently smooth the dressing into place, applying light pressure (especially around the edges). Care must be taken not to stretch the dressing on application as this may cause trauma to the underlying skin.